Visita Iglesia is one of the traditional religious activity done by Filipinos every Lenten season (Maundy Thursday and Good Friday in particular) where they will attempt to visit seven different churches and recite the Station of the Cross with them. Some will even attempt to visit fourteen churches to symbolize all the fourteen stations. Considering that the majority of religion in the Philippines is Roman Catholic, the country has so many churches to offer and Cavite alone is just a perfect spot for pilgrimage. Listed below are some of the churches you can visit this Holy Week in Cavite.
1. San Roque Parish Church – Cavite City – It is the shrine of Our Lady of Porta Vaga (check more details here).
2. Holy Cross Parish Church – Noveleta Cavite – Established in 1937. Noveleta is the next town from Cavite City and I’m really surprised that I haven’t visited this church yet.
3. The Most Holy Rosary Parish Church – Rosario , Cavite – The church is the shrine of a miraculous image of the Madonna and Child, Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary, Queen of the Caracol. (Check more details here)4. Sta Cruz Parish Church – Tanza, Cavite – A 235-year old church that shrines the image of St Augustine or also known as Tata Usteng (check more details here)
5. The Immaculate Conception Church – Naic Cavite
6. Our Lady of The Assumption – Maragondon Cavite
7. St Francis of Assisi Church – General Trias Cavite
8. Sto Niño De Ternate Parish – Ternate Cavite – The church is also located near the Aglipayan Church , The Sto Niño De Barra Church
9. Our Lady of Fatima Church – Binakayan Kawit Cavite – The church enshrines the image of Our Lady of Fatima and is notable for having a nature friendly altar (Check more details here)10. St Mary Magdalene Church – Kawit Cavite – This 278year old church enshrines the image of St Mary Magdalene (Check more details here)11. St Michael The Arcangel – Bacoor Cavite
12. Our Lady of The Pillar of Imus Cathedral or simply Imus Cathedral – Imus Cavite
13. Immaculate Conception Church – Dasmariñas, Cavite
14. St Jude Thaddeus Parish – Trece Martires City, Cavite15. St Gregory The Great Parish – Indang, Cavite – (check more details here)16. St Augustine Church – Mendez, Cavite (check more details here)17. Our Lady of Lourdes Church – Tagaytay, Cavite (check more details here)
18. Pink Sisters Convent – Tagaytay, Cavite (check more details here)
19. Tierra De Maria – Tagaytay Cavite also known as also known as Haven Of Meditation and Enrichment (HOME) which offers a 50ft image of Mary, Mother of God , Queen of Heaven and Earth
20. Ina Ng Laging Saklolo Church – Tagaytay, Cavite
21.St Mary Magdalene Church – Amadeo Cavite
22. San Antonio De Padua Church – Silang Cavite
23. Our Lady of Candelaria – Silang Cavite
24. St Joseph Parish – Carmona Cavite