My Uncle bought a used car but after a month of using it, the car starts not to function properly. The engine starts to fail and so on. My Uncle James was so upset on what happened and it seems that he was scammed by that company. So here i am giving tips before you buy a used car.
- Before you start shopping, make up your mind what type of body you are after
- A four-door sedan, four-door hard top, station wagon or whatever, and the general price bracket. When you step inside a display area, all you have to do is to tell the salesman about it immediately so that you are shown where the cars maybe diagnosed.
- In choosing which shop you would buy a used car, consider the year of service of the dealer in the business, the size and continuity of his establishment
- Since new car dealers, in nine cases out of ten, must take a trade-in on a new car sale, they are automatically in the used car business. And because they cannot afford incoming trade to accumulate , they price their used cars attractively. It is therefore advisable to buy used car from a franchised used-car dealers.
- In shopping, keep in mind that it is your money that is being spent. Visit several exchange or use d car sales centers until you have located three or four cars that you could be seriously interested in buying. On your initial visits, tell the salesman that you intend to buy in the next few days but for the moment, you are shopping and expect to visit other lots.
- Describe what you want and include the price range . Emphasize that car condition is more important than price.
- The preliminary shopping establishes these elements; you will know the price range; you will have been shown the cream of the stock in your price range; and you will retain the initiative. Your statement that you are shopping alerts salesman to a sharply competitive situation
I will share more tips on buying a used car in my next post. Have a great day and Happy Blogging Everyone.