Now that we only have few weeks left before the Holy Week, I will post down an updated list of Churches in Cavite that you can visit for Visita Iglesia. Visita Iglesia is one of the traditional religious activity done by Filipinos every Lenten season (Maundy Thursday and Good Friday in particular) where they will attempt to visit seven different churches and recite the Station of the Cross with them. Some will even attempt to visit fourteen churches to symbolize all the fourteen stations. Considering that the majority of religion in the Philippines is Roman Catholic, the country has so many churches to offer and Cavite alone is just a perfect spot for pilgrimage. Listed below are some of the churches you can visit this Holy Week in Cavite. (Those highlighted in Green are churches that I haven’t visited yet)
1. San Roque Parish Church in Cavite City. Diocesan shrine of Our Lady of Porta Vaga
2. San Pedro Apostol Parish – Caridad, Cavite City
3. Holy Cross Parish Church– Noveleta Cavite – Established in 1937. Noveleta is the next town from Cavite City. (Loc: Brgy Poblacion)
4. The Most Holy Rosary Parish Church – Rosario , Cavite – The church is the shrine of a miraculous image of the Madonna and Child, Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary, Queen of the Caracol. Recently elevated as a Diocesan Shrine
5. Sta Cruz Parish Church / Diocesan Shrine of Saint Augustine– Tanza, Cavite – A 235-year old church that shrines the image of St Augustine or also known as Tata Usteng
6. Diocesan Shrine of the Immaculate Conception Church (Naic Church)- The Church was one of the largest churches in the province and is constructed in 1839.
7. San Isidro Labrador Parish Church – Naic Cavite. The church can be found along Naic – Indang Road.
8. Our Lady of The Assumption Parish Church – Maragondon Cavite- It is the only heritage structure in the municipality of Maragondon and is declared by the National Museum as a National Cultural Treasure.
9. St Francis of Assisi Parish Church (General Trias Cavite). The first church in General Trias was established by the Franciscans in 1611 and was later turned over to Jesuits of Cavite City in 1624 until it becomes a separate parish in September 9, 1753.
10. St Jude Thaddeus Parish (Trece Martires Cavite)- located in San Agustin, Trece Martires Cavite, under the patronage of Saint Jude Thaddeus, the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations
11. Sto Niño De Ternate Parish (Ternate Cavite)- The church is also located near the Aglipayan Church , The Sto Niño De Barra Church
12. Nuestra Señora de Guia Parish in Magallanes, Cavite
13. Saint Joseph Parish in Bailen, Cavite
14. Our Lady of Solitude Parish – Sta Isabel, Kawit, Cavite
15. St Mary Magdalene Parish Church – Kawit Cavite. This 278year old church enshrines the image of St Mary Magdalene
16. Our Lady of Fatima Parish – Binakayan Kawit Cavite – The church enshrines the image of Our Lady of Fatima and is notable for having a nature friendly altar
17. St Michael The Arcangel Parish – Bacoor Cavite. Located near the town plaza and Bacoor Municipal Hall.
18. Sto Niño De Molino Parish Church – Molino Bacoor Cavite
19. Our Lady of The Pillar of Imus Cathedral or simply Imus Cathedral – Imus Cavite- The parish is under the patronage of two, the Our Lady of The Pillar and Saint John The Baptist.
20. Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish in Bucandala Imus
21. Our Lady of Fatima Parish ~ Anabu 1, Imus
22. Our Lady of Fatima Parish – Anabu II, Imus
23. Our Lady of Fatima Parish – Queensrow, Molino, Bacoor
24. Our Lady of Fatima Parish, Salitran, Dasmariñas, Cavite
25. Immaculate Conception Church – Dasmariñas, Cavite- The Immaculate Conception Church is actually the first Catholic church established in the city of Dasmariñas The stone church was constructed right after the establishment of Dasmariñas as a separate parish in 1866.
26.St Gregory The Great Parish – Indang, Cavite- Indang Church was originally a chapel established in 1611 but later became a full pledged parish in 1625.
27. San Juan Nepomuceno Parish, Alfonso Cavite
28. St Augustine Church – Mendez, Cavite- Mendez Church or officially known as St. Augustine Parish was was established in 1881 although other sources were claiming that it was established around 1712 but the church was destroyed during the second world war.
29. Saint Mary Magdalene Parish – Amadeo, Cavite
30. Our Lady of Lourdes Church – Tagaytay, Cavite -Known as the Healing Church, Our Lady of Lourdes Parish Church in Tagaytay City is administered by the Order of Friars Minor Capuchin.
31. Pink Sisters Convent – Tagaytay, Cavite- Pink Sisters or officially known as Adoration Convent of Divine Mercy is a chapel of a cloistered order of nuns wearing pink habits, thus they were called the pink sisters.
32. Angels Hills – Tagaytay Cavite – Angels Hills is basically a Retreat and Formation center located in Arnoldus Road, Maitim II East, Tagaytay City (Just few walks away from the Pink Sister’s convent
33.Ina Ng Laging Saklolo Church – Tagaytay, Cavite- The parish was located at Sungay West , Tagaytay and is administered by Capuchin, Order of the Franciscan Minors
34. Our Lady of La Salette in Silang, Cavite
35. San Antonio De Padua Church – Silang Cavite
36. Our Lady of Candelaria – Silang Cavite -The parish was first established on February 3, 1595 where they initially built a small chapel made of light materials under the patronage of St. Diego of Alcalá and a small school and took charge of Silang until 1611.
37. Holy Family Parish in GMA, Cavite
38. Saint Joseph Parish in Carmona Cavite