Traditionally, Filipinos are doing the so-called “Visita Iglesia” every Maundy Thursday. Aside from fasting and other relevant activities, it is customary for Filipinos to visit seven churches on this particular day. Visita Iglesia is a Spanish word which literally means “Visit Churches”. Some people visit 14 churches to symbolize the 14 stations of the cross. Some are event doing a larger pilgrimage in which they tried to visit different famous Churches of the country. In my end, I tried to do it the simpler way. We’ve been doing this for the past years. This year, I decided to visit the churches alone because I had to do it earlier due to the Prayer Vigil that I am about to attend the same day. The pictures that I am about to share, however, are pictures taken from the churches that my family visited.
Here’s the list of the churches I visited in order.
1: The National Shrine of Our Mother of Perpetual Help (Baclaran Church) – 2 Stations of the Cross
2. St Michael The Archangel Parish Church (Bacoor) – 2 Stations
3. Our Lady of Fatima Church (Binakayan) – 2 stations
4. St Mary Magdalene Church (Kawit) – 1 Station
5. An Agpliyan Church in Cavite City – 1 Station
6. San Pedro Apostol Parish (Cavite City) – 1 Station
7. Another Aglipayan Church in San Antonia Cavite City – 1 Station
10. Our Lady of Porta Vaga Church -1 Station
11. Philippine Naval Church – 1 Station
12. San Roque Parish Church – 1 Station